Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Brief Interview with Alexa Winner




Alexa Winner pictured above

Alexa Winner is a fashion design student at Parsons the New School for Design. She has already achieved some success after having sold her beautiful headbands at well-known east village shop "Blue and Cream."

What made you want to be a designer in the first place?

The term "designer" really encompasses so much. I don't think I ever sat down and said to myself "I want to be a (insert specific) type of designer," more than I just always knew that I loved to create and my destiny was to find someplace where I could flourish as a creator. I think that I always wanted to be a creator because I had such an insane imagination as a child. I remember always having a fascination with people and, from a very young age, designing outfits inspired by the people around me. When I was five or six I remember I worked on this one drawing in particular called "the earring people" for at least a few months. I was, and am, insanely addicted to detail. All of the people in the picture had multiple ear piercings - something which i thought was so cool at five years old.

How do you feel about your success?

Am I successful? I dont think ill ever know because my glass is in a perpetual state of half-emptiness - not out of pessimism, but out of the ability to see beyond the glass for the potential which COULD BE. Success is super relative too. Ask me that question again in twenty years.

What’s your favorite part about being successful at a young age?

I will give myself credit for half a minute and say that I have definitely accomplished many and most things that have always been on my trajectory checklist of things I want to accomplish by 22. It's really nice to know that if you put your mind to something, it can happen. I believe in karma and have always been really lucky with the universe working in my favor towards professional goals. Personal goals, not so easy, but professionally speaking, I work my ass off and i think that its paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment