Saturday, April 17, 2010

Project Runway No More, Emmett McCarthy Achieves Success


Emmett McCarthy was competed in the second season of "Project Runway." After being kicked off the show, he went on to open his own shop called EMc2 in the Nolita area of New York City.

Why did you want to become a fashion designer?

I wanted to be in a creative field that had both art and commerce.

Do you have any formal design training?

Yes, I attended both FIT where I earned a Associates Degree in Fashion Design and Parsons, The New School for Design where I earned a BFA.

Do you believe that aspiring designers today should go to design schools such as Parsons or FIT?

Yes, I think it is a good idea to intern with a company as well as attend design school to learn the fundamentals.

What advice would you give to a young aspiring designer today?

I think that business school before design school is a suggestion I would give to an aspiring designer. You can always apply business to another field but you can't always move the skill sets of fashion into another business.

No comments:

Post a Comment